Spaghetti Bolognese Recipes - Serve with a Tossed Green Salad (page 72) or your favourite vegetables.
Spaghetti Bolognese Ingredients
- 1 lb or 450g lean minced beef or lamb
- 6 mushrooms, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 pt of homemade beef or vegetable stock (page 22) or 1 low‑salt beef or vegetable stock cube dissolved in ½ pt or 275ml of boiling water
- 1 dessertspoon tomato sauce
- pinch of salt if desired
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- 8oz spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
How to make Spaghetti Bolognese
- Cook the mince beef or lamb, onions, mushrooms and carrots on a dry pan (low heat) for 15 minutes). (There is sufficient fat in mince for frying). Drain any excess fat from pan
- Add flour and stir well.
- Add the stock, tin of tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti for 10–15 minutes in boiling salted water. Strain.
- Serve with the bolognese sauce on top.