Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup diced prunes
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- Place sweet potatoes in large saucepan with water to cover. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until fork-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse gently under cold running water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 7- x 11-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in prepared baking pan and sprinkle diced apricots and prunes on top.
- In small saucepan, combine apricot nectar, maple syrup, lemon juice, butter, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Bring just to a simmer over high heat, stirring to blend. Pour mixture evenly over sweet potatoes and fruit.
- Cover baking pan with foil and bake 30 minutes, basting with juices 2 or 3 times.
- Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer, basting 2 or 3 times, until sweet potatoes are glazed.
- Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 235 calories,
- 2g total fat,
- 4.8g dietary fiber,
- 3g protein,
- 54g carbohydrate,
- 4mg cholesterol,
- 87mg sodium