Honey-Roasted Root Vegetables Ingredients:
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into cubes
- 2 medium turnips, scrubbed, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 medium parsnips, scrubbed, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut into cubes
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make Honey-Roasted Root Vegetables
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place vegetable mixture on a jelly-roll pan or shallow baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- 125 calories,
- 4g total fat,
- 5g dietary fiber,
- 2g protein,
- 23g carbohydrate,
- 170mg sodium