Cranberry Orange Bread Ingredients:
- 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup unsweetened orange juice
How to make Cranberry Orange Bread
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a medium bowl; fold in cranberries and walnuts. Make a well in the center; set aside.
- Combine oil and buttermilk in a large bowl; gradually add sugar, whisking until well combined. Whisk in egg substitute, orange rind and orange juice.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until tooth-pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove and cool completely before slicing.
- Makes 1 loaf (12 servings).
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- 128 calories,
- 3.5g total fat,
- 3g dietary fiber,
- 4g protein,
- 17g carbohydrate,
- 221mg sodium