Chicken, Vegetables & Pasta Soup Ingredients :
- 300g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped Chicken, vegetable & pasta soup
- 1 medium parsnip, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock, salt reduced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup macaroni pasta
- 1/3 cup grated cheese, to serve
How to make Chicken, Vegetables & Pasta Soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large saucepan and cook chicken until cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until soft.
- Add celery, carrots, potato and parsnip. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in stock and water, cover and cook, stirring occasionally over medium heat for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in chicken and heat through.
- Serve warm sprinkled with grated cheese.
Cooking Tips :
When introducing a new food it may take up to 15 times before it is acceptable to the child. Keep trying.