Cheese Tortellini With Pumkin Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 (16-ounce) bags frozen cheese tortellini (look for the lowest fat brand available)
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or trans fat-free margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
How to cook Cheese Tortellini With Pumkin Sauce
- Cook tortellini in a large stockpot in boiling water, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the pumpkin, broth, sugar, butter, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper in a medium saucepan, stirring to combine.
- Place pumpkin mixture over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the butter melts and the mixture is heated through.
- Just before serving, stir sour cream into the pumpkin sauce, if desired.
- To serve, place the tortellini on individual plates and top with pumpkin sauce.
- Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- 342 calories,
- 5g total fat,
- 3g dietary fiber,
- 12g protein,
- 59g carbohydrate,
- 839mg sodium