Bruschetta Salad Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 pounds large tomatoes (about 3), cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 ounces crusty Italian or French bread, preferably
- whole wheat, cut into 12 slices
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
How to make Bruschetta Salad
- Place tomatoes in salad bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Then drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread on a baking sheet and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 1 minute on each side, or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Then rub each slice of bread with a cut clove of garlic and cut bread slices in half crosswise.
- Add mozzarella, basil and toasted bread to tomatoes and toss to blend well.
- Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 186 calories,
- 8.3g total fat,
- 2.9g dietary fiber,
- 9g protein,
- 21g carbohydrate,
- 513mg sodium