Maince Dish Ideas - Beef Loaf Serve with vegetables or cold with a salad or a sandwich filling.
Beef Loaf Ingredients
- 1 lb or 450g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, very finely chopped
- 4oz or 110g fresh brown breadcrumbs (4 slices)
- pinch of salt if desired
- 2 dessertspoons tomato sauce
- 1pt or 575ml of homemade chicken or vegetable stock (page 22) or 1 low‑salt stock cube dissolved in 1pt or 575ml of boiling water
- 1 egg, beaten
How to make Beef Loaf
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly together.
- Brush a large loaf tin with oil and fill with the mixture.
- Smooth the top with a palette knife and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pre‑heat the oven to 180°C or 350°F or Gas Mark 4.
- Cook in the pre‑heated oven for 1 1/4 –1 1/2 hours