Square Meals Recipes - Beef Goulash Serve with boiled rice or potatoes.
Beef Goulash Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb or 675g stewing beef
- 1 dessertspoon vegetable oil
- 3 onions, peeled and sliced
- pinch of salt if desired
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 dessertspoon paprika
- 1 dessertspoon tomato puree
- 1 pt or 575ml water
- 6–8 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
How to make Beef Goulash
- Remove the fat from the meat and cut into one‑inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the cubes of beef a few at a time and fry them until they are brown on all sides.
- Transfer the browned meat to a saucepan.
- Fry the onions in the pan until they are golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, paprika, tomato puree, salt and pepper.
- Add this to the browned meat. Then add the water. Bring to boil, stirring all the time.
- Cover with a lid and cook slowly for 1 hour.
- Add the sliced potatoes and simmer for another 30 minutes approximately.