Vegetable Chili Boat Recipe - This warm and wonderful vegetarian chili will light up your palate with three flavorful beans mixed together with vegetables and spices, surrounded by crunchy corn tortilla chips, and sprinkled with a blend of cheeses.
Vegetable Chili Boat Recipe packs a punch with southwest flavor, It is a delight to the eye and a fiesta for the mouth.
Vegetable Chili Boat Ingredients
- 2 1/2 tsp Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh onion, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup Canned low-sodium pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Canned low-sodium kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup Canned low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 1/3 cups Canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 dash Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Canned low-sodium tomato paste
- 18 chips Low-sodium tortilla chips (about 3 oz)
- 1/4 cup Reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup Low-fat mozzarella cheese, low moisture, part skim, shredded (1 oz)
How to make Vegetable Chili Boat
- Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and green peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add beans and stir to coat.
- Add chili powder. Stir. Cook for 1 minute for flavors to blend.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and mix well. Cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Bring to a rolling boil for at least 15 seconds. Reduce heat to low and simmer to keep warm.
- Combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses (the cheese is a garnish).
- Place 3/4 cup chili in a bowl. Top with 3 chips and sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of cheese blend.
- Serve hot.