Tuscan Smoked Turkey and Bean Soup Recipe - This hearty soup will surely tantalize taste buds with tender smoked turkey chunks, Navy beans, and a colorful array of veggies, all simmered in a deliciously seasoned broth.
The recipe features Navy beans, which are actually white in color, but got their popular name because they were a staple food of the U.S. Navy in the early 20th century.
Tuscan Smoked Turkey and Bean Soup is sure to tease and please the senses and warm the toes.
Tuscan Smoked Turkey and Bean Soup Ingredients
- 1/3 cup Fresh onions, peeled, diced 1/2”
- 1/3 cup Fresh celery, diced
- 1/3 cup Fresh carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh kale, no stems, chopped
- 2 1/4 tsp Canned low-sodium tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 4 1/4 cups Low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 3/4 cups Canned low-sodium Navy beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Smoked turkey breast, 1/4” pieces (5 oz)
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh parsley, chopped
How to make Tuscan Smoked Turkey and Bean Soup
- Place onions, celery, carrots, kale, tomato paste, and garlic in a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cook over medium-high heat. Stir frequently. Cook until vegetables are softened and onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock, beans, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce temperature to low heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add turkey, thyme, basil, and parsley. Stir well. Simmer a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.