Stir-Fried Green Rice, Eggs, and Ham is a beautifully presented and colorful dish that will be an instant kids’ favorite, not only due to the recipe’s name, but also its taste. Inspired by a popular children’s book with a similar title, this hot main dish creatively combines brown rice, spinach, eggs, and turkey ham to create a great wholesome meal that satisfies the pickiest of eaters.
Stir-Fried Green Rice, Eggs, and Ham (Turkey Ham) Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups Brown rice, long-grain, regular, dry
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 5 large Whole eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Extra-lean turkey ham, diced 1/4” (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup Fresh green onions, diced
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Low-sodium soy sauce
How to Cook Stir-Fried Green Rice, Eggs, and Ham (Turkey Ham)
- Combine brown rice and 4 ½ cups water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 30-40 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Add salt to rice. Mix well. Set aside. A rice cooker may be used with the same quantity of brown rice and water.
- Drain water from spinach by squeezing thawed spinach with hands. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and 1 Tbsp water.
- Cook half of the eggs in a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Remove eggs from skillet to cool. Chop cooled eggs and set aside. Reserve the remaining eggs for step 6.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add ham and cook for 2 minutes or until ham begins to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add brown rice and toss to mix. Add remaining eggs. Stir for 5 minutes or until egg is fully cooked.
- Add green onions, spinach, chopped egg, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Stir well. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot.