Healthy Lunch Ideas - Apples and raisins add a nice twist to traditional tuna salad.
Tuna Apple Salad Ingredients
- 2 (6-ounce) cans water packed tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons fat free Italian dressing
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 medium whole wheat pitas
How to Tuna Apple Salad
- In a small bowl, stir together tuna, onion, apple, celery, raisins, and 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- In another medium bowl, toss together salad greens with remaining dressing.
- Cut pitas in half to make 4 pita pockets.
- Carefully fill pita pockets with equal amounts of salad greens and tuna salad.