Stir-Fry Fajita Chicken, Squash, and Corn Recipe - Stir-Fry Fajita Chicken, Squash, and Corn dish combines the sweet flavor of butternut squash with onions, corn, red peppers, and diced chilies brought together with a blend of spices and diced tomatoes. Stir-Fry Fajita Chicken, Squash, and Corn uses the natural flavors from vegetables and spices to make a savory meal, which can only be matched by the aroma produced when cooking.
|Stir-Fry Fajita Chicken,||Squash, and Corn|
This main dish creatively combines southwest spices with an Asian cooking style, blending the flavors of locally grown produce with fajita chicken strips, all stir-fried to perfection.
Stir-Fry Fajita Chicken, Squash, and Corn Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups Brown rice, long-grain, regular, dry
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt-free chili-lime seasoning blend
- 1/4 Tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 cup Fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 4 cups Cooked fajita chicken strips (16 oz)
- 3 1/2 cups Fresh butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced 1/2”
- 1/2 cup Fresh red bell peppers, seeded, diced
- 1 cup Frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup Canned diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup Canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
How to Cook Stir-Fry Fajita Chicken, Squash, and Corn
- Combine brown rice and 4 1/2 cups water in a large pot and bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat down to low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt-free seasoning blend, granulated garlic, and cilantro. Mix well. Keep warm. A rice cooker may be used with the same quantity of brown rice and water.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or a wok. Cook onions for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chicken, squash, and remaining salt-free seasoning blend. Stir-fry over high heat for 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add red peppers, corn, green chilies, tomatoes, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir-fry over medium-high heat for no longer than 2 minutes so vegetables will remain crunchy. Do not overcook. Reduce heat to low and let simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.