Dinner Healthy Ideas - Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce is top your pasta with this healthy version of a classic Italian dish.
Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce Ingredients
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, juice reserved
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
How to make Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, bell pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and ground black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain well.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.