Dinner Healthy Ideas - Ginger and sesame add an Asian flare to Sesame Chicken with Peppers and Snow Peas dish.
Sesame Chicken with Peppers and Snow Peas Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
How to make Sesame Chicken with Peppers and Snow Peas
- Place sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet; cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Spray same skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken; cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Add snow peas and bell peppers; stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes more until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and ginger; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve 3/4 cups of chicken mixture over 1/2 cup of brown rice.