Roasted Fish Crispy Slaw Wrap is a combination of colors and textures that overflows with fresh vegetables, spicy fish, and a burst of citrus, all contained in a whole-wheat tortilla, with fresh avocado.
The recipe also used whole-wheat tortillas, meeting the need to offer more whole grains in kids’ diets.
Roasted Fish Crispy Slaw Wrap Ingredients :
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups Fresh white cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1 cup Fresh bok choy, julienne cut “shoestring strips” 1/8”
- 2 Tbsp Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup Low-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 Tbsp Salt-free chili-lime seasoning blend
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tilapia fish filets, raw, 4 oz each
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh romaine lettuce, julienne cut “shoestring
- strips” 1/8”
- 6 Whole-wheat tortillas, 8”
- 6 slices Fresh avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 6 quarters Fresh limes, quartered
How to make Roasted Fish Crispy Slaw Wrap
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine red and white cabbages, carrots, bok choy, cilantro, and balsamic dressing to make the slaw. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place fish filets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush fish with olive oil and sprinkle with saltfree seasoning blend. Roast uncovered at 375 °F for 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 °F or higher and fish flakes with a fork. Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature.
- Remove fish from oven.
- To assemble wrap: Place ¼ cup lettuce on tortilla. Cut fish in half and place both pieces on top of lettuce. Add 1 cup cabbage slaw and a slice of avocado. Squeeze lime on top of mixture. Roll in the form of a burrito.
- Cut diagonally. Serve immediately.