Healthy Breakfast Ideas - Huevos Rancheros with Fresh Salsa is a healthy version of a classic breakfast dish.
Huevos Rancheros with Fresh Salsa Ingredients
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups Fresh Salsa (see page 54)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make Huevos Rancheros with Fresh Salsa
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly brush tortillas with oil on both sides and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until tortillas are crisp on the edges and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour egg substitute into skillet. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
- Place an equal amount of eggs on each tortilla and top each with 1/2 tablespoon cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Spoon 1/2 cup Fresh Salsa on each tortilla and top with ground black pepper.
- Serve warm.