Harvest Delight Recipe - Harvest Delight is an irresistible, brilliantly colored roasted vegetable and fruit medley side dish.
Who knew that sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, spinach, dried cranberries, and apples could cause so much excitement?
Your kids will be happy too when they taste this colorful and delicious blend of vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Harvest Delight Ingredients
- 1 1/3 cups Fresh green apples, peeled, cored, diced 1/2”
- 1/3 cup Fresh carrots, peeled, sliced 1/4”
- 1 cup Fresh sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed 1”
- 1 cup Fresh butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cubed ½”
- 1/3 cup Fresh red onions, peeled, diced
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 cup Fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/8 cup Dried cranberries, finely chopped
How to cook Harvest Delight
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- You may place diced apples in a small bowl of water with a squirt of lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Drain when ready to use.
- Steam carrots in a steam basket over high heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Toss potatoes, squash, carrots, and red onions in a large mixing bowl with olive oil and salt.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread vegetables evenly on baking pan. Roast vegetables in oven at 425 °F for 25 minutes or until tender and slightly browned. Turn vegetables once midway through roasting.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, and garlic.
- Remove vegetables from oven, lower heat to 400 °F. Add apple mixture to vegetables. Spread evenly. Return to the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with maple syrup and mix well. Return to oven. Roast for 8 additional minutes at 400 °F until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and gently toss in spinach. Mix in cranberries.
- Serve hot.