Eagle Pizza is a delicious combination of pizza and taco, this recipe is made with whole-grain tostada shells, refried beans, shredded cheese, and a stack of colorful veggies.
Eagle Pizza will give kids the power and energy they need for a busy day. This versatile recipe can easily be made with help from the kids. Eagle Pizza is a tasty choice that will make your sense of pride soar like an eagle when they smile over this yummy combination of pizza and taco.
Eagle Pizza Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Fresh spinach, julienne cut “shoestring strips”
- 1/2 cup Fresh romaine lettuce, julienne cut “shoestring strips”
- 2 1/4 tsp Salt-free chili-lime seasoning blend*
- 1 3/4 cups Canned low-sodium refried beans, fat-free
- 3/4 cup Fresh green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 3/4 cup Fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 1 1/4 cups Canned low-sodium corn, drained, rinsed
- 6 Whole-grain tostada shells
- 6 Tbsp Reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded (1 1/2 oz)
- 1 cup Fresh carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1/2 cup Low-sodium salsa, mild
- 1/2 cup Fat-free sour cream
How to Make Eagle Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine spinach and lettuce in bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine salt-free seasoning blend and refried beans. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook green peppers, onions, and corn for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- For each pizza, place ¼ cup of bean filling on tostada shell. Spread mixture evenly using the back of a spoon. Top with L cup sautéed vegetable mixture. Lightly sprinkle 1 Tbsp of cheese on top.
- Place tostadas on a large baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove tostadas from oven.
Top each tostada with:
- About 1 Tbsp spinach/lettuce mixture
- About 2 ½ Tbsp carrots
- About 1 Tbsp salsa
- About 1 Tbsp sour cream
- Serve immediately.
Salt-Free Taco Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch