Confetti Soup Recipe - Confetti Soup is delicious recipe mixes together black-eyed peas, savory smoked turkey ham, fresh vegetables, and a secret ingredient, kale, to make up this warm, winter-wonder soup.
Confetti Soup Ingredients
- 1 3/4 tsp Canola oil
- 3/4 cup Fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 3/4 cup Fresh celery, diced
- 3/4 cup Fresh carrots, peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Whole fennel seed
- 1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Canned low-sodium black-eyed peas, drained, rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup Extra-lean turkey ham, diced 1/4” (6 oz)
- 1/3 cup Fresh kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
How to make Confetti Soup
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add carrots, salt, pepper, fennel seed, and optional crushed red pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add black-eyed peas and water. Cook uncovered for 25 minutes over medium heat.
- Add turkey ham and kale. Cook covered for an additional 10 minutes over medium heat until kale is tender.
- Add parsley right before serving.
- Serve hot.