Healthy Recipes - Chicken Tortas Serve these sandwiches with sliced jalapeño peppers for a little added heat.
Chicken Tortas Ingredients
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups prepared Fresh Salsa (see page 54)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 thin slices white onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 fresh avocado, mashed
- 4 bolillos or French bread rolls, cut in half lengthwise
How to make Chicken Tortas
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chili powder, and 1 cup Fresh Salsa.
- In another medium bowl, combine lettuce, onion, cheese, and radishes.
- Spread equal amounts of mashed avocado on each roll.
- Place equal amounts of chicken and lettuce mixtures inside of each roll.
- Spoon 1/4 cup Fresh Salsa over lettuce and close sandwich.
- Serve immediately.