Healthy Foods - Chicken Tomatillo Salad Make a day ahead for a delicious lunch at work.
- 1 cup husked and quartered tomatillos
- 3 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1 fresh Anaheim chili, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to make Chicken Tomatillo Salad
- In a blender or food processor container, purée tomatillos with dressing, Anaheim chili, and ground black pepper; set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes or make a day ahead to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates or bowls.