Dinner Healthy Recipe Ideas - Chicken and Dumplings is Tasty, home cooked comfort food in less than 30 minutes.
Chicken and Dumplings Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, and green beans)
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 cups reduced fat prepared baking mix
- 1/3 cup lowfat milk
- 1 egg
How to make Chicken and Dumplings
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, water, onion, vegetables, chicken, and thyme.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place baking mix in a small bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons and stir into pot to thicken stew.
- Add milk and egg to remaining baking mix and stir with a fork to blend. Drop rounded tablespoons onto hot chicken mixture. Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve while hot.