Chicken Alfredo With a Twist - This rich and creamy recipe gives ordinary chicken alfredo a healthy twist, combining fat-free half and half with canned cream of chicken soup and whole-wheat rotini noodles.
Chicken Alfredo With a Twist recipe saves on fat and calories by using fat-free half and half, and boosts the fiber content by incorporating whole grains. Whole-wheat rotini noodles are used to replace traditional fettuccini noodles. These ‘twists’ make this a healthy alternative to the classic chicken alfredo. Pair a serving with a refreshing vegetable side dish to give your kids a meal that is sure to please.
Chicken Alfredo With a Twist Ingredients :
- 2 1/2 cups Rotini pasta, whole-wheat, dry (10 oz)
- 2 cans Low-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- (two 10 3/4-oz cans)
- 1 1/3 cups Fat-free half and half
- 1/4 tsp Ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups Cooked diced chicken, 1/2” pieces (12 oz)
How to cook Chicken Alfredo With a Twist :
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Gradually stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook uncovered about 8-10 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Drain well.
- Mix soup, half-and-half, pepper, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and chicken in a large pot. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring often. Heat to 165 °F or higher for at least 15 seconds
- Combine noodles and sauce right before serving.
- Serve hot.
Keep noodles and sauce separate until serving time. Sauce will thicken upon standing.1 cup provides 2 oz equivalent meat and 1 oz equivalent grains.