Bok Choy Wrappers Recipe - Bok Choy Wrappers are not your typical wrap. They let you eat with your hands by making a wrap of crisp romaine lettuce leaves filled with a delicious and nutritious combination of chicken, pineapple, brown rice, and of course, bok choy.
This dish offers a sweet mixture of brown rice, juicy pineapple, tasty chicken, and bok choy, tossed with sweet and sour sauce and wrapped in a fresh, crisp romaine lettuce leaf.
Bok Choy Wrappers Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Brown rice, long-grain, regular, dry
- 1 3/4 cups Fresh bok choy, sliced 1/4”
- 1 3/4 cups Canned pineapple tidbits, in 100% juice
- 3 cups Cooked chicken strips (12 oz)
- 3/4 cup Sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 12 leaves Fresh romaine lettuce, outer leaves
How to cook Bok Choy Wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine brown rice and 3 1/2 cups water in a large pot and bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat down to low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 30-40 minutes. Fluff with a fork. A rice cooker may be used with the same quantity of brown rice and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown rice, bok choy, pineapple, chicken, sweet and sour sauce, and soy sauce.
- Transfer mixture to an 8” x 8” nonstick baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes. Cook to an internal temperature of 165 °F or higher for at least 15 seconds (use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature).
- Place two lettuce leaves on a plate. Top each with 3/4 cup filling. Optional: garnish with diced red peppers. Fold sides of lettuce in toward center; roll up like burrito. Place seam side down.
- Serve warm.
Serving size may be too large for younger children and they may not be able to easily assemble the wrap. Filling may also be served over a bed of romaine lettuce.