Healthy Recipes - Black Bean and Corn Pitas is a protein-packed mixture of seasoned vegetables, black beans, and cheese.
Black Bean and Corn Pitas Ingredients
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or no salt added canned tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium whole wheat pita pockets
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
How to make Black Bean and Corn Pitas
- Drain and rinse beans. In a medium bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and garlic. Add parsley, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- Cut pita bread in half to form 4 pockets, and spoon equal amounts of filling into each half.
- Top with cheese and serve.