Healthy Lunch Ideas - Apple Turkey Gyro is a healthy twist on a classic Greek dish.
Apple Turkey Gyro Ingredients
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups sliced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced
- 6 whole wheat pitas, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt (optional)
How to make Apple Turkey Gyro
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, lemon juice, and bell peppers in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in turkey and cook until turkey is fully cooked. Remove from heat and stir in apple.
- Fold pita in half and fill with apple mixture; drizzle with yogurt.
- Serve warm.